Rpi-4 rev 1 ...2.3 Ghz o/c

since solving my usb issue had some time to play around

i have these products on my rpi-4 board

1: argon 1 fan hat
2: Raspberry Pi 4 Heatsink | Pimoroni | Core Electronics Australia
3: ModMyPi 40 Pin Extra Tall Header (Push Fit Version) | Core Electronics Australia

i edit the config.txt file set arm_freq=2250
set over_voltage=9
bumped power supply to 5.2 volts at the regulator output have not checked the board voltage im assuming now its getting at least the required 5.1 volts cable length is approx 30 cm at 18 gauge
my cpu is sitting pretty stable so far at 2300 also from the panel i added the temp meter… its hovering around between 36 and 45 degs im only browsing atm and only have this window open … at first it hung but i then adjusted my power supply…it has made the difference getting it running so far…
i checked the cpu speeds with command line code and yes verified 2300… every time…

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq
this reads the code from the config.txt basically.or what the cpu max factory setting may be…and is not indicative of current cpu speed/s

The real time speed is this line of code…from what i have found to be truest…shows all four cores as well at the same time…for checking cpu-freq…

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq

EDIT: i now have about 10 or so open browsers and the temp is up to 43 degs… i have seen so far …but soon drops back down to around 38-39…
i have the fan hat working but will not start up after shutdown via the switch…and trip point speeds can be changed by editing the config file in the /etc directory.

Hey Brian,

Good to hear! Sounds like you are making progress!

depending on ambient room temp makes a difference as well with summer here it sits better at 2100