About the Product Questions category

Have questions about a Core Electronics product? This is the place to be.

Technical things are technical! Please expand on your project’s unique needs if they are important with getting you on track.

Do you have more info on the DMM https://core-electronics.com.au/ip67-true-rms-autoranging-digital-multimeter-with-wireless-usb-interface.html? The $30 clearance DMM has more info - eg #samples/ sample rate. A link to a user manual would be good - accuracy, memory size, time to fill memory. Thanks.

Hi there,

I’m building some projects and so have some qns…

• do you have an optimal (long life, low weight/bulk) battery solution to power a nodeMCU ESP8266 board? It only needs 3.6V

U-blox NEO-6M GPS Module - how quickly does this provide first GPS position? I’m looking at * [
U-blox NEO-6M GPS Module CE05949 (Thumbnail 1)

• U-blox NEO-6M GPS Module CE05949 (Thumbnail 2)

U-blox NEO-6M GPS Module

SKU: CE05949 but there’s another gps module with an input for an aerial you can get. i don’t think i need the aerial but what does the aerial actually do, given that gps signals are not hard to come by from satelites?

I need to attach an am radio aerial to a drone. for now, i’ve made my own but down the track i want to sell a product which needs this aerial and so i’ll need something off the shelf. what do you have which is short and lightweight but still has good sensitivity to am radio waves?

Finally, I need to measure the solar resource for a year on my roof to determine if it’s worth getting solar panels. I’m ideally looking for an IoT sensor which i can beam to my phone which will measure the solar resource and from which i can calcualte the potential solar resource. I could buy a tiny panel and hook it up to a nodeMCU but i wonder if you have a better solution and if not, what type of good quality, very small pv panels/sensors you sell?
cheers,
Nick

Hi, I need to find a motion sensor with a small field of view that is also battery powered, for a school project. Thanks.