Core Electronics Forum

Adafruit 9-DOF Orientation IMU Fusion Breakout - BNO085 (BNO080) - STEMMA QT / Qwiic (ADA4754)

This is a placeholder topic for “Adafruit 9-DOF Orientation IMU Fusion Breakout - BNO085 (BNO080) - STEMMA QT / Qwiic” comments.

Here it is, the motion sensor you were looking for: the one that just gives you the directly usable information without requiring you to first consult with a PhD to learn the arcane arts of Sensor Fusion.

Read more

1 Like

Hi, I want to know Is the IMU sensor BNO085 can detect the angle it rotates in degree?

1 Like

Hi Yiyang,

As listed in the product description, one of the many data streams coming out of this IMU is absolute orientation:

All the best with your project and let us know if you have any more questions!
-James

1 Like

I have had problems consistently reading this unit on a Raspberry Pi 4b over I2C, and I’ve tried the imbalanced resistor trick as well as SW I2C interfaces to no avail. Furthermore, I can’t get it functioning in either UART or SPI modes. Has anyone else met similar difficulties? I had similar problems with BNO055.

3 Likes

Hi Joni,

The first step is to post the code you’re running, the output of sudo i2cdetect -y and a picture of what your setup looks like.

Once you’ve sent that through we can have a better look into what’s causing your problems.
-James

2 Likes