Basic Interpreter on the Pi Pico

Peter Mather from ‘The Back Shed’ forum has ported MM basic to the Pi Pico this should be very interesting for those who like to code in Basic. see here
and here

2 Likes

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the interesting links, I’m sure they’ll keep me busy for a while, I might even give BASIC a try, just for interest’s sake :smile:

Keen to see if anyone in here is into BASIC and would benefit from this…
-James

1 Like

Awesome! Gotta love a bit of BASIC. Looks like a good community on that forum too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been on this site for about 10 years, greatest bunch on any forum anywhere.
Started off with the Micromite a retro basic computer, then the Mini Maximite , then The Micormite family 28 pinners 44, 64, 100 and 144 pinners. A Colour Maximite and now the Colour Maximite 2 (CMM2) , a games computer mainly that has a lot of old retro games from the 80’s. The whole thing was started by Geoff Graham who lives in Perth a lot of others have contributed especially Peter Mather in the UK (Matherp) who does a lot of the firmware.

2 Likes

If interested have a look at Geoff’s web site Geoff Graham

3 Likes

Wow, his site is a goldmine! So many awesome projects!

I think I’m going to have to have a go at setting up a PIC with MMBASIC :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like I said I was hooked as soon as I saw the original Maximite, I was into computers in the early days back in the 1980’s. It’s a fairly cheap hobby and keeps the brain ticking over when we get older. Follow the Pico with basic, shouldn’t be long before we have a Beta version to play with., and cheap. Then it probably won’t be long before someone spins up a board to mount it on with headers for an LCD display and other things.

3 Likes