Double Alligator Clip to USB Male Cable Pack (FIT0887)

This is a placeholder topic for “Double Alligator Clip to USB Male Cable Pack” comments.

This easy-to-wire double alligator clips to USB male adapter cable supports current below 3A and adopts 0.3 square pure copper, which can be used as a…

Read more

Hi there,
I’m running a STEAM activity in the next two weeks where we will make art and then use copper tape/conductive paint to add basic LEDs onto the artwork. Any form of button battery is banned where I am facilitating this workshop.
Would the ‘Double Alligator Clip to USB Male Cable Pack’ connected to a usb power supply be okay instead? Or could you recommend an alternative? Other batteries are fine, just can’t be button. Trying to make this is as simple as possible!

1 Like

Hi Jessie,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! The long weekend knocked out a lot of the time we’re usually in.

Using that would be a great idea, as you could clip the alligator clips straight to the copper on the edge of your artwork. You’d need current limiting resistors for your LEDs, let us know if you need help picking some.

The only thing I’d be concerned about is potential shorts damaging a USB port, so make sure you pick a port you don’t care about (like a cheap phone charger or battery bank, not an expensive laptop or desktop PC)

-James