Doubt display

What maximum brightness in display IPS LED not reduce expectancy life display?

i have chinese handheld consoles Powkiddy Q80 and R36S i ajust brightness

Hi @gamer87272298,

There are two main components that could wear out on an IPS LED display. The LED backlight and the Liquid Crystal Display itself.

For LED’s most of the information you see about their lifespan is somewhere between 20,000 to 50,000 hours.
This depends on a lot of factors such as how close to their limits they are run and cooling being the major 2. Reducing the backlight brightness could extend the lifespan of the LED’s a bit.

For IPS LCD’s from what I was able to find most people say they have a lifespan of around 50,000 hours. I can’t find much on how they fail when they reach

Taking those components into consideration, I’d ask the question of is reducing the brightness and useability of the display is worth the potential of slightly extending its lifespan?

50,000 hours is a very big number, using a screen for 16 hours a day 7 days a week it would take 8 and a half years to reach the 50,000 hour mark.

If you store a device with an IPS LED display without using it, do the LED and LCD wear out even without use?

There shouldn’t be any degradation of the LCD or LED’s when they are powered off.

That being said, storing devices away from heat sources or direct sunlight and kept in a dry environment will also go a long way to prolonging a device’s life.

What is the maximum level of brightness allowed to ensure good durability of the LCD and LEDs?

I use a portable console with display IPS it measures up to maximum brightness 150 but each change in brightness changes 10 example: 10 to 20 to 30 to 40…

Personally, with how long LCDs and LEDs can last I would run them at whatever level suits the environment I’m in.

If I’m in a bright room I’ll happily run it at 100% brightness constantly.