EPS32 not able to connect to Iphone Hotspot

Hi

Having great difficulty trying to get my EPS32 wifi to conect to my iphone Hotspot

It connects to my Tesltra NBN Router But does not want to connect to the Iphone Hotspot

Has anyone experienced this before and is there a solution

Hi Claude,

Are you receiving any error messages? Or is the network not appearing at all?

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

The output is trying to connect over and over on the serial monitor

When I change ssid to my Telstra model and password it connects and then continues executing tyt remainder of the script ( which it never gets to when connected to iPhone hotspot

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

Hi Claude,

I’d suggest just writing a barebones script that does nothing but connect to your iPhone’s wifi hotspot to try and debug it, and posting it here. I suspect it will be some kind of security setting that’s the issue.

Regards,
Oliver
Support | Core Electronics

1 Like

Hi I have also noticed my iPhone had VPN active so I will try it now that VPN is turned off and will advise of result

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

1 Like

Great news !!!

It was the bloody VPN :wink:

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

2 Likes

Great News it was the VPN on my phone :slight_smile:

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

1 Like

Darn after all that effort the bam wifi/ Bluetooth shield does not have 5v out and my display needs 5v

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

1 Like

Hi Claude,

If the power requirements from the device which your using won’t exceed the maximum current requirements of the output, you can step it down to the required 5V using the converter that I’ve linked below.

Bryce

Hi note sure if this will work

My application will ultimately be in car. So the power source will be 12v

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

Hi

In fact the tiny eps32 which I wanted to use may not be suitable as it does not have a 12v vin

I may have to go back to the nano and use a Bluetooth shield.

Things you learn I assumed all the boards accepting external power would have vin 12v and 5v out. Seems not :slight_smile:

The journey continues

Claude Raiola
0414 228 948

Hey @claude69103 ,

No worries, I’ve edited my above message to suit a 12V to 5V step down converter instead to step up from 0.5-5V to 5V.

Bryce