Micro Python script for WS2812B LEDs - Raspberry Pico W

Hello

I’m hoping someone will help me write a Micro Python script for animating WS2812B LEDs on my LCARS MAME Arcade game control panel. I’m currently using a script called a RGB LED Ring Light Breathing by Joshua Hrisko just to confirm the LEDS are working. Please see the attached video along with a picture of the control panel graphic and a spreadsheet showing and location and number of LEDs. Please let me know if you can assist me or have any questions and/or suggestions. Thank you!

Installation of WS2812B LEDS Raspberry Pi Pico

LED Positions - Animation

1 Like

Hi Kent,

What parts of the script would you like help with?

I’d recommend checking out the documentation on the Neopixel library would be the best way to get started: Quick reference for the RP2 — MicroPython latest documentation

Customising the colours is just a matter of finding the right functions over time!

Liam

2 Likes

Thanks Liam, I’ll check it out.

Liam, thank you for the great resource, I understand how to do some basic things in Micro & Circuit Python, but I think what I have envisioned for my control panel is beyond my ability. The attached spreadsheet identifies the number, location and desired effect using the WS2812B LED. Also attached is a link to a Youtube video which may provide more context for what I’m trying to do. Thank you, Kent