Motor driver for Pi Zero

Hi Riddhi,

I couldnt find any schematics or anything mentioning such functionality

This is a bit hacky - but there might be a 0ohm resistor somewhere that you could breakoff or desolder, you can figure this one out by probing the 5V pin on the GPIO header, and resistors around the board (or follow the trace around if its a 2 layer PCB)

MAKE SURE its the right trace or resistor before doing so.

1 Like

Hi All
Please excuse me for doing this. I am not replying to anything but I am having trouble elsewhere on the forum so this is just a test.
Cheers Bob

Well that worked so i will have to look into the other problem.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

Any HAT can provide 5v power to the Pi through the header pins - it is described here:
hats/backpowering-diagram.png at master · raspberrypi/hats · GitHub

According to the circuit diagram the VCC voltage regulator is a 3A unit and the blocking diode is included, so it should be quite safe to power the Pi from the motor supply via the HAT. If the Pi supply is also connected then whichever supply voltage is higher will be used.

The HAT includes a regulator for 3v3 which is used for the on-board logic. I assume it is not connected to the GPIO 3v3.

1 Like

Hi Liam, thank you for the tip, I will give it a try. It is way too advanced for my hardware expertise level though. Wish it was something to do with software

Thanks @Jeff105671

I will give it a try first since hardware changes is a bit too advance for me. I’ll pray to computer gods (i totally trust you though) and connect that 9v power source :slight_smile: