Plastic Project Box Enclosure for FireBeetle - 3.15 x 1.61 x 0.79 inch (FIT0725)

This is a placeholder topic for “Plastic Project Box Enclosure for FireBeetle - 3.15 x 1.61 x 0.79 inch” comments.

Put on a sturdy and beautiful enclosure for your electronic project! This project box is made from high-quality ABS material, and the surface of the enclosure is…

Read more

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

I bought this because I wanted to mount some potentiometers onto it.
My vision is to have a box I can pull out at any time with a little row of four pots and cables coming out the side for quick access while prototyping.

I’ve just drilled some holes into the lid and the pots hang there just fine.

I’m wanting to pass the input and output from the side. I guess I could just drill a big hole and pass an ugly bunch of cables out. What would be better is some kind of header pins I could somehow attach to the side of the box?

I figure I can’t be the first person to want to push some cables in and out of a project box.

Is there a better way?
How would you approach passing cables through a project box like this?

Thanks in advance.
Pix :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Hi PIx,

Sounds like a great idea!

For you kind of ahhoc project with header pins I’d whip up something on a proto board and using some right angle female header pins:

For a project like this Zipties and/or hot glue will definitely be your friend.

Depending on the project I’d use a dedicated panel mount adapter depending on the signal I am trying to get on the other end: https://core-electronics.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=panel+mount
For jumper wires I’d likely do the exact process I listed above.

Super keen to see it complete!
Liam

2 Likes

Thanks @Liam.
Those links helped me track down this 12 straight header socket which looks perfect!!
Pix :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

First Prototype

Decided to start with just two.
Figured I was bound to make some mistakes and learn some lessons.
I’ll try again some day with four pots and some cleaner wiring. :slight_smile:

2 Likes