SparkFun Micro OLED Breakout (LCD-13003)

This is a placeholder topic for “SparkFun Micro OLED Breakout” comments.

You may be asking yourself, “Why does this board look so familiar?” Yes, this is essentially a MicroView without the Arduino portion. We understand that sometimes you just need a breakout, an open door for you to explore the possibilities of a super small OLED screen. Speaking of, the screen on this breakout is only 64 pixels wide and 48 pixels tall, measuring 0.66" across.

Read more

Hey guys,

I started using this display today for an upcoming project.

Sadly the device shows random dots/artifacts along the screen during operation. Is this a common issue?

It’s my first time using oled but from what I have seen they are very crisp and clear…

I followed the sparkfun guide and i’m using the I2c system.

If you guys could get back to me that would be awesome.

Kind regards,

Johann

Hey Johann,

Could you please provide a photo or video of the screen in action? If the forum doesn’t allow you to upload it just send it to me at support@coreelectronics.com.au. Please also include a photo of the wiring, and the code that you are using in the sketch.

Hey Johann

Let’s see if we can’t get to the bottom of what is going on with this. Are the dots/artifacts always in the same locations on the screen? Do they move if you bump or move the screen?