WAV Trigger (WIG-13660)

This is a placeholder topic for “WAV Trigger” comments.

The WAV Trigger is a unique high-fidelity polyphonic audio player with surprising capabilities. Supporting up to 2048 uncompressed 16-bit, 44.1kHz wav files – the same quality as an audio CD – the WAV Trigger can play and mix up to 14 stereo tracks simultaneously and independently, with very low latency. Tracks can be controlled via 16 programmable trigger inputs, or by using a native serial control protocol or even MIDI.

Read more

Hi Folks,
I’m sure this is really basic but I’m going round in circles! I’ve got a Raspberry Pi Pico that I would like to control a Wav Trigger board the Wav Trigger has 16 input pins that you pull down to ground to activate. Is there a way to have an output on the Pico do this directly or do I need some sort of logic converter? Both the boards IO is running at 3.3V and are on the same power supply with a common ground.

Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum!!

I’ll admit this one took a bit of time to understand myself! There would be a couple of ways you could interface with the 16 IO inputs.

• Using the Pins from the Pico to drive each individually, you can plug the pins straight into the WAV trigger (code below)
  • You can pull the pins to ground using an analog switch/MUX IC such as this one: https://core-electronics.com.au/analog-digital-mux-breakout.html
  • Use Serial to communicate with the board (its a bit more involved but unlocks some more functionality)

To trigger the pins a value of ‘0’ must be given to the pin (GND voltage/potential) a 3.3 V signal wont hurt the pin either since the STM32 onboard is 5V tolerant.

from machine import Pin
from time import sleep

pin1 = Pin(1, Pin.OUT, value=1) #Creating a pin on Pin1 as an output with the default state of 3v3v (or logic HIGH)

while True: #This will loop indefinitely
    pin1.value(1) #Start the trigger event
    sleep(0.5) #Continue playing the track for 0.5 seconds - you can change this to match the length of your track
    pin1.value(0) #Stop the trigger event
    sleep(5) #Wait 5 seconds before playing again

Liam.

3 Likes

Thanks Liam, I’m giving option 1 a go now. I’ll let you know how I go!

P

3 Likes

So quick update, this all worked fine but was a bit unreliable. I realised that you need to set the WAV Trigger inputs to the “Active – 3.3V/5V” option as detailed in the setup guide under Trigger Options>Hardware Interface.

2 Likes