433MHz remote control by hacking a wireless doorbell, Arduino and Raspberry Pi

@Robert93820 Yes , the doorbell has x2 AA batteries so max is like 3v.
I’ve hooked it to the LED + and the Ground. (abit strange)
No idea why the LED -ve side isn’t connected to the Ground at all.

The LED seems to provide a regular repeatable pattern. It just seems to repeat for as long as the tune activates. There are like 32 different tones you can choose. I dont know why the tone is configured via the Remote button << that will be stuck outside why would u make it like that, I would have preferred a Button on the receiver.

@Matt87317 I think the Signal Pin from the 433mhz receiver board actually provides the RAW signals prior to matching the code. Hence when I tried other 433 transmitters, the GPIO pins triggered.
Are you sure you aren’t getting alot of false triggers even after debouncing?
Like I said, I tried another 433 remote (not a doorbell). And the GPIO pin was triggered.
So its possible that my false triggers are actually 433 signals flying around.
I know the 433 receiver will provide 1’s and 0’s then something needs to read the sequence and then determine correct sequence or not. I’m starting to think the sequence matching is occuring in the other 2 black squares rather than the 433 PCB.

So far LED +ve side, and battery GROUND , into PI GND and GPIO seems to be working well.
I have no idea whether technically I should be using these two spots, as LED -ve is not GND.
I can now reduce my monitor to 100ms. And get repeatable results.

I will need to monitor it for a few days to see if I get interference or not.
It seems like I’m no longer getting the interference. (If so then the false triggers I was getting was actually just 433mhz noise, and the 433mhz receiver brought them down as signals)

I’m not sure if a doorbell requires a rolling code. I thought they would be simply a constant sequence of 433mhz signals. eg ‘01010101011110’

May go to the current limiting resistor. It doesn’t matter which side of the LED it is on as long as it is in series with it. To comment further you would have to see the circuit (not likely) or the board.

Change that to “probable” or even “certainly”.

That is almost certainly the case although I am not sure. I have no hands on experience with these units but I am fairly sure the transmitter and receiver are 433MHz radio units and have to be modulated with information from some external device/circuitry and the receiver presents the recovered information for processing by another external device/circuitry.
In other words the 433MHz units are the radio transmission medium only and provide no intelligence on their own. Shock horror that is analog!!! (actually there is no such thing as “digital radio” but that is another discussion)
Cheers Bob