5V Electromagnet - 25 Kg Holding Force - P40/20

Dear team,

I am thinking of aquiring “5V Electromagnet - 25 Kg Holding Force - P40/20” for our lab. Could you let me know the inductance, and the surface field in Tesla?

Thanks&Best Regards,

Stefan Forstner

Hey Stephan,

Unfortunately, those specifications aren’t provided by our supplier or the manufacturer of the ELE-P40/20, it’s likely got to do with the variability in the devices leaving a margin of error that either hasn’t been measured or listed. Of course, you could measure the specifications of your particular device with some testing, then label it appropriately for future experiments, but I completely understand if that’s not suitable. You may be best to check a lab equipment supplier for the electromagnet in your lab, as they can likely source a part with the exact performance listed and the maximum possible error accounted for in the specifications. Have a great day!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support

1 Like

Thanks, Bryce!

Either way we would measure the device by ourself, I was just after some very rough estimate, to see if it’s worth ordering. We usually make our own, but yours appeared like it might be in the right ballpark for what we need.

Stefan

1 Like

Hey Stephan,

I haven’t studied physics for quite a while now, so I’m not sure what would be a decent estimate for the inductance or field strength for this particular electromagnet, most of the datasheets aren’t in English either. I’d recommend looking at similar parts from lab suppliers as compared to ours as I’d imagine that the specifications are nearly identical. That being said, the problem is with error, since the manufacturing processes on the part aren’t designed for lab or use in high precision experiments as you’d likely need it’s likely that the range of parts that you get won’t be valid for your tests. If there’s anything else that I can do for you please let me know!

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support