Adafruit Music Maker MP3 Shield

I have an Arduino Primo and an Adafruit Music Maker MP3 Shield for Arduino

I am having issues with communicating to the SD card on the Adafruit using the standard SD library. I am able to communicate to another SD shield with the same code and pin configuration.

Will be interested with other peoples experience in this

Hey Stuart, I’ve done a little research. The Primo uses the “normal” SPI pins, 13 CLK, 12 MISO and 11 MOSI (search “SPI” on page 1 of the schematic). I think the only place you might be getting stuck is selection of the CS (chip select) pin. Have a look at the documentation for both devices and make sure you have the right CS pin, it’s likely to be different between the two boards.

Also useful: Arduino SD Card Notes

Hope that’s helpful,

• Chris

Hi Chris. I appreciate your research and response. I have since tried the same code, same wiring (actually the Adafruit Music Maker MP3 Shield mounts onto the Arduino board Primo and Uno boards that I have) with an Arudino Uno. It works very well with this combination.

I am wondering if the Arduino CS pin that is reserved for the Adafruit Music Maker MP3 Shield is common with the features of the Adruino Primo that also need the CS if that is where the conflict is??

1 Like