Capacitive Soil Moisture Sensor (v2.0) (CE09640)

Hello,

Thanks for reporting back to let others in the future know what the issue was.
Glad to hear you’ve got a good calibration sorted now, all the best with the rest of the project.

1 Like

Hi, would this CE09640 soil moisture meter work with a QT Py STEMMA? Or would it be best to get the more expensive STEMMA model?

Hi,

Since this sensor just outputs an analog voltage, you can absolutely use it with a QT Py, you’ll just be using up one of your analog pins.

Hi I have just bought a number of these for our school STEM programs and have tried to set them up. I have tried to do a basic analogRead using an arduino uno and the value doesn’t change on the serial monitor regardless whether it is in a cup of water, dry soil, or open air, I have tried several of the sensors and several of the unos but the issue persists. Any help you could give me to get them working would be appreciated

1 Like

Hi Shane,

Welcome to the forum!!

There was a recent manufacturing batch issue with some of these soil sensors - to confirm they arent faulty would it be possible to reply to your order confirmation email and we’ll get this sorted ASAP!

FYI the 555 timer onboard was rotated 180 degrees, we’ve got systems in place to prevent this future now :smiley:

Liam

Hi Liam

I have forward your message to our finance department who has the original email who will chase this up on my behalf, thanks for your quick reply

1 Like

Is that a Gravity connector on the capacitive soil moisture sensor?

1 Like

Hi John,

At a glance it looks like its a JST-XH 3P:: Identify Electrical Connectors - Tutorial Australia
(and the other end a dupont style)

Are you looking to extend the wire?

That’s what I thought I saw. Tks