Create a simple web server Pico project problem

Refereeing to the web server project (remix version) the Pico connects to the Internet and an ip address is displayed but the browser (any browser) will not connect to that address. Can anyone suggest why that may be the case? I’ve tried connecting the Pico to my phone’s hot spot
and a public WiFi network but the result is the same.

It is possible that my WiFi connection to the internet is too poor but I’m not convinced that’s the real problem.

1 Like

Hi @Phil196453 - just a sanity check. Is the device you’re trying to connect from also on the same wifi network?

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I’ve tried the same computer that Thonny is running on and I’ve tried a second computer and my phone all on the same network. What I haven’t tried is to the save the program on the Pico, instead of running it from Thonny. The reason that I haven’t tried that is because I’ve had so much trouble stopping or removing a running main.py from the Pico in the past.

1 Like

Problem solved, it was the poor Internet connection. I notice that the Pico can only support one web browser at a time. That may also have been a problem since I was trying different browsers at the same time in an effort to fine why the project wasn’t working.

2 Likes

Hey Phil,

Glad to hear you got everything up and running, its often minor things like what you have experienced that can bring a project to a halt! We tend to learn as makers to check the little things first as they somehow have the biggest impacts on our projects (and sanity).

Cheers,
Blayden

1 Like