DC-DC Charge Discharge Integrated Module (5V/2A) (DFR1026)

This is a placeholder topic for “DC-DC Charge Discharge Integrated Module (5V/2A)” comments.

This is 5V/2A charge-discharge integrated module with battery protection can boost 3.7V/4.2V lithium batteries to 5V…

Read more

Hello,
I am very happy with the product but I don’t understand why it switch off after 30s. Need to push the key button to switch on. Do you have any advices for that ? I use this with a bluetooth audio receiver MH-M38 from you video. thank you so much !

1 Like

Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We’ve tested this battery module with that receiver, and didn’t see issues, so we’ll have to do some digging on this one! I can see conflicting info from the manufacturer:

A short-term fix would be to mount a resistor on the output of the module to trick it into being on all the time. This is a bit counterproductive as it will drain the battery though :frowning:

I’ve made a note to pull one of these out and see when it shuts off. We’ll update the product page accordingly.

1 Like

Hi there, I am having the same issue, except even if I do short the outputs of the chip with a resistor or LEDs, on top of the circuit I’ve created which I’m certain gets me over the 50mA limit, it still shuts off after 30 seconds.

1 Like

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the forum!!

Sorry to hear! It looks like our supplier might have done a quick one and changed the product - I’ve scheduled it to update but in the meantime, would it be possible to send through a photo of your project?

Shorting the output will definitely put the module into over-current protection, and depending on your load it still might be triggering - some photos will definitely help though!
Liam

1 Like

Hey Liam

I apparently vastly overestimated the load my circuit was putting on the circuit, and ended up having to short the output with some resistors. Strangely though, it seems the value of my resistance indicates that it is not a 50mA minimum, but a much higher value, maybe closer to 100mA. Do you happen to know the tolerance on these chips for that?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey Sean,

What’s the spec of the resistors that you’re using? I haven’t found any datasheets to specify the tolerance, but getting a rough idea of what you’ve rigged up should give us a clearer picture of what could be going on.

Using 2 18 ohm resistors, im guessing around 125mA of current is flowing through them since it’s just shorting the outputs. This is on top of the circuit I’m running using an RF nano

Hi Sean
Resistors in series or parallel.
Series = 36Ω @ 5V = 139mA
Parallel = 9Ω @ 5V = 556mA
Just through the resistor.
Cheers Bob

Series. However, when trying with 3 of them in series, the module does not stay on continuously. Sorry I should have specified

Hi Sean
3 in series would be 54Ω @ 5V = 93mA. Probably not enough.
Cheers Bob

Why isn’t it enough when the limit is supposedly 50mA though?

Hi Sean
Don’t know anything much about that particular device. Only helping out with the sums. The 50 mA might be the end of charge detection on the charge cycle and have nothing to do with the power supply boost situation. Only guessing here.

I use a different one which doesn’t charge the battery (have to do this separately) but it does give a low battery indication (LED). Works OK

Cheers Bob

1 Like