Drawer lock solenoid

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to lock our drawers in our motorhome.
I know there are draw specific latches on the website however we are really looking for something that can fire a pin in the lock and unlock direction that is an spring-loaded so that we don’t have to continually run power to the solenoid.
Our preference is to have a solenoid which is always in the unlock position and requires power to be locked however, my concern here is about having a solenoid that can accept a current of 12 or 24 volts for extended periods of time without hurting the life of the solenoid as we would have them locked at all times whilst driving.

I’m a novice when it comes to electronics so any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

The item you are referring to is known as a self-retaining or two-way solenoid. A pulse of one polarity flips it to one side, where it held by a permanent magnet until a pulse of the opposite polarity flips it to the other side. I can’t see that any of the Core products match this functionality, but if you search on ‘self retaining solenoid’ you should find a number of examples.

1 Like