I am interested in additional information on lock-style solenoid 12VDC: https://core-electronics.com.au/lock-style-solenoid-12vdc.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_vvCjcT13QIV2gorCh04_gwcEAQYBCABEgKdI_D_BwE
I am developing an electrically operated window and would like additional information to find out if the lock-style solenoid is suitable for my application.
My questions are:
- What is the lock holding force of the lock-style solenoid?
- Is there a limit to the period of time that the slug can be retracted/unlocked?
This is all the technical information that is available to us. It does say that it can only be held open for 1-10 seconds. As for the holding force, I don’t believe the manufacturer has tested or released that information.
- 12VDC (you can use 9-12 DC volts, but lower voltage results in weaker/slower operation)
- Draws 650mA at 12V, 500 mA at 9V when activated
- Designed for 1-10 seconds long activation time
- Max Dimensions: 41.85mm / 1.64" x 53.57mm / 2.1" x 27.59mm / 11.08"
- Dimensions: 23.57mm / 0.92" x 67.47mm / 2.65" x 27.59mm / 11.08"
- Wire length: 222.25mm / 8.75"
- Weight: 147.71g
- SketchUp Datasheet
Good luck on your project!