Feather Huzzah ESP2866 Error Compiling

Does anyone have an idea where I should start looking to deal with this error. At the moment I can’t upload to the ESP8266 at all.
Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Victor\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_956675\core\core_esp8266_esp8266_huzzah_CpuFrequency_80,UploadSpeed_115200,FlashSize_4M3M_d93f77dd4c52503300535673415d6666.a
Sketch uses 249295 bytes (23%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
Global variables use 35788 bytes (43%) of dynamic memory, leaving 46132 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
Uploading 253440 bytes from C:\Users\Victor\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_385423/HelloServer.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
warning: espcomm_send_command: didn’t receive command response
warning: espcomm_send_command(FLASH_DOWNLOAD_BEGIN) failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
I think I have elliminated the comm port as being faulty.
I can upload to Arduino.

Im Using Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.98)
Arduino IDE Version 1.8.5
Any Tips/Pointers would be appreciated

Hi Victor,

After a bit of digging around for similar issues, the two main fixes seem to be an update of the Arduino IDE and manually exiting the sleep mode on the core.

Try fully updating your Arduino IDE, and there are a couple of solutions for the sleep mode, but mentioned at the bottom of this Adafruit forum post is a comment about using one of the GPIO pins during the upload process: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=99857

Thanks…that makes sense…will post the result

1 Like

Thanks for your trouble…
I have tried all that…the Orange LED flashes once and I noticed its getting a bit hot…
and then "error: espcomm_upload_mem failed"
All makes me think that I somehow managed to fry the board.
Also Windows doesnt recognize it as a USB Device.
Ill see how things go with a new board.

1 Like

Could you post a screen shot of your board settings (as shown in the tool’s drop-down menu)?

Sorry, thanks for the offer…I dumped the board on the assumption that it was fried.
Not quite sure why… it was sending lots of data for days via Freeboard,suddenly Nada !
Couldn’t get windows to recognize it as a USB. Tried lots of stuff.
Maybe I shorted something out accidentally.

Well, that puts a quick close on that. Unless it was definitely cooked by an accidental short, it should have been fixable. Let me know if you have any other questions with a new device.

I suspect you are right…I shouldn’t have been quite so hasty !
This thing will probably haunt me into eternity…especially if it happens again.

Ah well, I’ve also being known to just start from scratch out of frustration with a project haha. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you, but perhaps double check all your connections first, and if you have any questions, you know where to come :slight_smile: