FireBeetle ESP32-E IoT Microcontroller with header (Supports Wi-Fi & Bluetooth) (DFR0654-F)

This is a placeholder topic for “FireBeetle ESP32-E IoT Microcontroller with header (Supports Wi-Fi & Bluetooth)” comments.

FireBeetle ESP32-E, specially designed for IoT, is an ESP-WROOM-32E-based main controller board with dual-core chips. It supports WiFi and Bluetooth dual-mode communication, … read more

Read more

This is great board, but getting started was a little tricky for me. The device was difficult to flash reliably and the built-in RGB LED did not work with the FastLED Arduino library as suggested by the documentation.

I have documented the solutions on my blog: My First IoThing | dfoley.ie - David Foley's home on the WWW

2 Likes

Hi David,

Awesome guide! I think you will inspire me to pick one of these up. I’ve got one of the Adafruit Huzzah32 boards at the moment and it has been an absolute treat to work with.

I’m curious why the FastLED library didnt work though, I’ve seen it around on so many forums being used a ton.
I’m keen to see what you make!

1 Like

I just received my DFR0654. I’m running Win10 with Arduino 1.8.16. I downloaded the library for arduino as per Document/FireBeetle Board-ESP32 User Manual update.pdf at master · Robert-MARKII/Document · GitHub . Had to download the driver from File Finder · GitHub and put it in the /drivers folder. It seems to program well at it’s default values 921600/80MHz. I didn’t need to add a cap or anything. The basic ‘blink’ sketch ran as it should. I’m happy.

4 Likes

I couldn’t leave it there. I found a superior board library and info at FireBeetle_Board_ESP32_E_SKU_DFR0654-DFRobot

2 Likes