FireBeetle Board ESP32-E (Arduino Compatible) (DFR0654)

This is a placeholder topic for “FireBeetle Board ESP32-E (Arduino Compatible)” comments.

FireBeetle ESP32-E, specially designed for IoT, is an ESP-WROOM-32E-based main controller board with dual-core chips. It supports WiFi and Bluetooth dual-mode communication…

Read more

1 Like

The board manager url from dfrobot’s documentation didn’t work, dropping the ‘s’ from https, got it to work.
http://download.dfrobot.top/FireBeetle/package_DFRobot_index.json

5 Likes

Hey Luke,

Great observation! Thanks for making us aware. Unfortunately that is a problem DFRobot is going to have to get fixed up, hopefully they get it sorted soon! In the meantime we will direct people to your fix if they contact us with that issue.

Cheers,
Blayden

1 Like

Sorry but what is the difference between these products please.

1 Like

Is this board compatible with FreeRTOS?

1 Like

Hi @Daniel193519 - welcome to the forums!

Sorry but what is the difference between these products please.

Wow these products are similar :sweat_smile: don’t worry i understand your confusion.

The differences between the FireBeetle ESP32-E and FireBeetle ESP32-E IoT are very minor are are summed up in this table on the product page.

In short, it seems the IoT model is slightly newer, uses USB-C and has small quality-of-life upgrades like silkscreen on both sides.

1 Like

@lia262073 i couldn’t find anything explicit about compatibility - but I did find a github issue where somebody was having an issue (not compatibility related) using FreeRTOS with their WROOM-32E.
So signs point to probably yes!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Michael, I find these different versions of ESP32 very confusing.

1 Like

I have some FreeRTOS based projects ahead. Could you please tell me which version of the ESP32 will be the safest choice? What about ESP32 WROOM DEV KIT-1?

1 Like

I can’t confidently say exactly what will be the most likely to work without referencing an existing source. I haven’t delved into the minute differences between each variant, but it seems like any ESP32-based board should be fine!

If it helps, I found this great-looking series for getting started:

Perhaps work backwards from the hardware they select in video # 2 if you want to follow it exactly. It looks like they use a custom dev board, but the device variant is selected at 11:40

1 Like

So kind of you. Thanks.

1 Like