totally new to RPi, cameras etc.
Basically I have a project where I want to take video+thermal images and other environmental data over a certain time duration (minutes - one hour), store those on a (micro)-SD card, have everything connected to one ‘recording/interaction’ unit (RPi 4-B comes to mind) with some timing signal as a trigger for recording, and collect everything after my test is done.
My shopping list, based on what I think ‘gives me what I want’ includes:
- Raspberry Pi 4 - Model B (with enough memory needed to do the job)
- FLIR Lepton 3.5 or 2.5 (whichever gives me the higher temperature range +450C and resolution)
- PureThermal Mini Pro for the FLIR Lepton
- Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2 - 8 Megapixels
- Raspberry Pi Wide Angle Camera Module
- Raspberry Pi Sense HAT
- Connection cables for having the recording unit in one place, and cameras somewhere else (approx. 1m away)
- everything else I’ve missed (or that I’ve chosen in the wrong way) that I need to get the job done
My constraints are that I want to put this on a student test rocket, that the cameras are to be placed in a very specific location and have very little room for access etc.
And that I haven’t really worked with RPi+add-ons.
So ideally everything is ‘plug&play’, that I won’t run into troubles regarding start-up/writing+transmitting data/storage and anything else regarding having a stand-alone system that is there to store video/sens data on its own.
Thank you for your help.