Guide by Michael; PiicoDev RFID Module - Guide for micro:bit

I have just shared content in Guides > micro:bit: "PiicoDev RFID Module - Guide for micro:bit"

Read more

1 Like

good morning / peace be upon u
im from malaysia and i have a question
can a micro bit hold 2 rfid at the same time ?
do you have any guide on connecting rfid to the firebase google?
that’s all what i want to ask, hilman from malaysia

1 Like

Hi @Ahmad199669, welcome to the forums!
A micro:bit can connect to two RFID modules at the same time - see Example 3 in the tutorial where we cover connecting to two modules. Here each module gets a unique address, set by the ASW switch.

As for firebase - we haven’t looked into it yet but perhaps a different microcontroller would be more appropriate in the future. We’re looking at expanding PiicoDev to support more microcontrollers soon. At the moment many functions are already supported by Pycom and ESP32, which use MicroPython - they haven’t been rigorously tested but are worth a look if you’re happy to experiment.

3 Likes

Hi, I am getting the following error when running the code downloaded from the links above. This is using Thonny. It appears the code has changed and is auto generated by a minifier script? I started to work through the errors but ran into i2c errors and stopped there.

MicroPython v1.18 on 2022-11-10; micro:bit v2.1.1 with nRF52833
Type "help()" for more information.
>>> %Run -c $EDITOR_CONTENT
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "PiicoDev_RFID.py", line 10, in <module>
  File "PiicoDev_Unified.py", line 30
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>> 
1 Like

Hey @owl248134 - thanks for raising this and welcome to the forums. I have just released a patch. Redownload PiicoDev_Unified.py from the guide and you should be good to go.

Cause
I updated Unified with some helpful information pertaining to devices that use the machine class. Unfortunately, that information was printed using f-strings - something the micro:bit fork of micropython does not support.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you

2 Likes