How to connect 30 BNO055 Sensors to RPI

Hi Arindam,

Here’s a link to the 1x6 housings: 0.1" (2.54mm) Crimp Connector Housing: 1x6-Pin 10-Pack | POLOLU-1905 | Core Electronics Australia
And a link to the 1x4’s: 0.1" (2.54mm) Crimp Connector Housing: 1x4-Pin 10-Pack | POLOLU-1903 | Core Electronics Australia

Core stocks some pre-crimped cables but if you want your own custom colours I would suggest checking out the guide I linked above to crimp your own connectors on along with some stranded wire.

We offer(ed) a service where you can 3D print a file that you send through although its offline at the moment due to some awesome stuff happening in the Factory.
In regards to CAD work, you might be able to find some cases around on Thingiverse or Thangs but to make it suit your design it would be best to jump into FreeCAD or another software package and design it yourself. Then get it fabricated at a local maker space if they have the resources.

Liam.

5 Likes

Hi Liam,

As always thanks for the information. Could you please suggest some good cheaper 3d printer for my job; which I can buy

Thanks,
Arindam

4 Likes

Hi Liam
That pic looks like a 6pin bit of header strip. The wire ends look like female crimp connections out of a connector.
The obvious solution would be to obtain the 6 (or 5 would do) pin housing to suit the crimps. Alternatively a piece of heat shrink to fit over the crimps. The down side of heat shrink may be wall thickness. Might be too thick for side by side connecting. The alternative to this would be thin walled PVC sleeving of a suitable size to be a snug fit.
This looks like a classic case of a job not completed fully. If the connector housing had been fitted in the first place the possibility of short circuits would never have come up. You could even eliminate accidental reversal if that end pin is never going to be used. Cut it off and block that connector hole with something and this will prevent the connector being inserted in reverse.
Cheers Bob

5 Likes

The Creality Ender 3 has become the go to cheap beginner 3D printer. They’re only a few hundred $.

3 Likes

Hey Bob and Arindam,

Yeah, it looks like the raw connectors, a very good point about using heat-shrink or electrical tape for that matter. I’ve had some good experiences with those connectors that I linked before, Very good point about reverse polarity on the straight connections, I’ll make a note for next time!

Hey Arindam,

A good starting printer would be the Ender 3 V2 there is some learning required to get it printing consistently but the rewards definitely come. The PLA in the recommended essentials is a great starting filament as well.

Liam.

4 Likes

Hi all

I made no mention of electrical tape. I have always found it awkward and messy (especially on a hot day) with jobs of that size. I did say if heat shrink wall thickness is too great I suggest using thin walled PVC tubing (non shrink).
Cheers Bob

4 Likes

Hi Bob,

Ooops should have mentioned that I saw @Liam120347 mention it a few replies back, very messy indeed!

Liam

4 Likes