How to connect to 12v solenoid to a 5v ardunio?

I have a 12 v solenoid lock and I wish to connect it to a 5 v arduino, I have purchased a DC to DC step up voltage converter module but I am unsure how to connect this to the arduino? I have used the controlling a solenoid with an arduino on the website. This is the link down below.

Hi Kate,

A Logic Level MOSFET will do the job just fine.

https://core-electronics.com.au/n-channel-mosfet-60v-30a.html

I found this image on the internet which is basically your setup, with the exception of the DC to DC step-up converter. Worth noting that you need that pull-down resistor (the 10K resistor in the schematic) to keep things working the way you expect.

Hi Graham,

Thankyou so much for your help. Just wondering does it matter if I use a Misfit 60V 53A?

Kind Regards,

Kate Cooper

Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) is intended for the addressee named above. It may be confidential, privileged and/or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or copying of any part of this information is unauthorised. If you have received this e-mail in error, we apologise for any inconvenience and request that you notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail, together with any attachments. Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed in this email are the personal view and do not necessarily represent the official position or opinions of St Scholastica’s College or any of its entities.

Hi Kate,

A MOSFET 60V 53A should be fine. The 53A represents the current that it is rated up too.