Core Electronics Forum

How to Stress Test Temperature on Raspberry Pi (Stressberry)

Graham just shared a new tutorial: “How to Stress Test Temperature on Raspberry Pi (Stressberry)”

First of all, why subject your Raspberry Pi to this level of stress? In the case of Raspberry Pi 4, the A72 CPU is so powerful that it can overheat if it doesn’t have enough cooling. This results with the CPU being governed (slowed down) to red…

Read more

I ran the test on my Pi4 using the Dual Fan Aluminium Heatsink Case for Raspberry Pi 4 Black. It is a cool day in Sydney (22℃) but it took 10 minutes before it even activated the fan.

NOTE in instructions mkdir ~\TemperatureTests should be mkdir ~/TemperatureTests

1 Like

Nice test, that’s a whole lot better than the bare board and official case in my guide. Looks like the Dual Fan case is about as good as it gets for cooling.

Great pickup, fixed!

I’m trying this on a pi 3b+, I copied and pasted everything from this page and the stress test ran fine and completed, but when I enter
MPLBACKEND=Agg /home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-plot mytest.out -f -d 300 -f -l 400 1600 -t 30 90 -o mytest.png --hide-legend --not-transparent --line-width 2

I am getting errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-plot”, line 11, in
sys.exit(plot())
File “/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/stressberry/cli.py”, line 152, in plot
ax1.plot(
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘plot’

Am I missing something?