Raspberry Pi Stressberry Test Error

Hi Support,

I’ve followed your guide on your site for stress testing the raspberry pi.

I still cant generate a graph from your stress test results the error I get is this

I read the comments where a guy said he also got the same error and he fixed it but removing the last bits of code but that also didn’t fix the issue for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dan

welcome to the forum…try some of these…
make shore u r root user…

sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev
sudo apt update && apt full-upgrade
reboot
try it again
sudo MPLBACKEND=Agg /home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-plot mytest.out -f -d 300 -f -l 400 1600 -t 30 90 -o mytest.png --hide-legend --not-transparent --line-width 2

…if it still fails remove the program and reboot the rpi and start the install again…
reboot
can you pls post the exact code you used with stressberry program

check the gpio pins see if you have 3.3 and 5 volts…
can you pls take a snapshot of your exact error…so the guys can see your errors

1 Like

Hi Brian,

I tried those commands and that didnt work sadly still got the same error. I have also taken a screenshot of the exact error I’m getting.

Stressberry-Plot Error - argument infiles: Cant Open ‘mytest.out’ [Errno 2] No such file or directory : ‘mytest.out’

I dont know why Im getting this error as the data from the stress test is in the Temperature folder like I followed on this tutorial.

Kind Regards,
Dan

2 Likes

have you defined values in “config.txt”
and if so what are they …??

#: did you create the directory structure correctly
1:search drive for the file…or sd-card try find it…
2: did it create the file
3: if so where did it put the file …the pointers or paths are not matching up for some reason…

1 Like

Hey Dan,

Yes, the issue is with the arguments that are being used in this case, we’re going to be updating the tutorial we’ve got online soon once we’re certain that the new version is running correctly and whether any other changes need to be made to it. For now, you should be able to remove the arguments (or just run these) and you shouldn’t be getting any error messages (make sure to send us another screenshot if you do)

/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out - This should run without an issue

MPLBACKEND=Agg /home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-plot mytest.out -f -d 300 -f -l 400 1600 -t 30 90 -o mytest.png --not-transparent - The hide legend and line width arguments have now been removed as seen in lines 78-136 in the file I’ve attached below

Also, try running this first if you get the same ‘file does not exist’ error message: touch /home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run mytest.out

Please let us know if you have any other issues with it. All the best with your Pi!

2 Likes

this works 4 me ,

/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out

3 Likes

it was the code i used when i was doing the stressing with the over clocking ,but i modded it slightly to give 64 threads an or how ever many i ran at the time…and less wait times

2 Likes

…who knows what it could do if i had my hands on some liquid nitrogen…i would have submersed the whole board in it just with a single blue heat sink…!!

1 Like

Hi Bryce,

Sorry late reply Ive just seen your message so I tried to run the command

/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n “My Test” -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out

and I got this error message its like stressberry isnt installed which it is.

Regards,
Dan

login as root user
try this code i think this should work login as root user first…soz i dont know what happened earlier…

cd /

/root/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out

/root/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out
/root/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out
/root/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out
one of these should work in a terminal…
picking up my pi today i hope my old one blew up…so i should be bak in the game this arvo…
normally i would sole easier…if still no avail after this code …

sudo purge stress
    reboot
    reopen  terminal as root user and open it full screen expand it ..
   cd /
    apt install stress
    pip3 install --stressberry -user

check with the stress berry tutorial…for the reinstall…??
as the code runs down the screen watch closely as to what directory the installer placed the files there will be a few
now find the one that starts with “/root/XX/XX/” /stressberry…etc…etc…
you will want to change into the root of the dir where it installed it …
next try the codes to start the programs as per earlier…or just reinstalling it could fix it…!!

p.ss the pip 3 line may be incorrect check stress-berry install guide for installation…

hope it should work…

Hi Brian,

I tried to do what you suggested but that didn’t work either?

heres the error Im getting

Regards,
Dan

there has been problems with the program lately somebody modded the workings of it and the guys are working on it ...last time i used it it was ok 1 month ago approx.. so im not shure…atm,

just got my new rpi 2 nite so i`ll take a look at it my self…this week…try this line…below…

/root/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n "My Test" -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out

Hi Brian,

Tried this command and it says Permission Denied.

your not root user change to root user

sudo su

then enter your login password
you are now root user

run the code again

/root/home/pi/.local/bin/stressberry-run -n “My Test” -d 1800 -i 300 -c 4 mytest.out

Hi Brian so I figured out why its failing on this guide I followed this link

so I had previous done these commands.

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade

Now to install Stressberry:

sudo apt install stress

however the last command I thought I would see if it was failing because I didnt do this command. I only did this command without the user at the end, as soon as I ran this full command, it started stress testing im now just waiting on my results. I hope that once the test is done I can graph my results without any issues.

pip3 install stressberry --user

Kind Regards,
Dan

2 Likes

Hi Bryce,

your command worked to generate the results in a graph format png file.

Brian the issue wasnt anything to do with root user it works perfectly fine just needed those extra commands :slight_smile:

this issue has now been solved and I’m more than happy to close this thread.

Regards,
Dan

3 Likes

Hi Daniel,

Sorry that I haven’t gotten back to you for a few days, I haven’t been here in the office too much recently. Glad to see that the fix on the script parameters has worked successfully! It looks like that Pi has also done very well on the test, must have some nice cool space around it to radiate into. If there’s anything else that we can do for you please let us know.

1 Like

Hi Bryce,

Dont be silly we all have our own lives to live and enjoy so no harm done mate :smiley:

I actually am very pleased with the case thats not overclocked so I might be game enough to test out and OC but atm I am still trying to fix a video issue I’m having its really strange.

So if I shutdown the Pi leave it off for two hours turn it back on no issue with display.

If i reboot the Pi for what ever reason I dont get a video display until I unplug and replug the HDMI cable super weird… not sure whats going on tested on multiple monitors same issue. :frowning:

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

I think I might have a solution! I put this tutorial up this time last year that solves most issues that users might have with the video display on the Pi 4.

Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

have a look here it may be a helpful reference any questions i suggest you start a new thread.