Installing WD Green SSD in Argon One M.2 Case

I purchased the 240GB SATA M.2 SSD and the Argon One M.2 Case. I know this is probably a stupid question, but which way does the SSD go in the case? I assumed it was sticker upwards, but it fits the other way too. It’s crazy to me that it doesn’t just fit one way like NVMe drives do.

I plugged the SSD part of the case (with SSD installed with sticker up) into my PC, but it did not detect it as a drive. It detected the USB and assigned a drive letter, but showed no drive capacity etc. I unplugged the USB and took the SSD out and plugged in the USB in again. The drive appeared again exactly the same. I wasn’t game to try it with the sticker down.

1 Like

Hey Scott,
Welcome to the forums!

The M.2 case requires installation to be in the sticker up position. We have a video on our Argon ONE M.2 Expansion Board that will show you how to correctly install the SSD into the case. The SSD will be recognised as a USB device due to it going through the bottom USB3.1 port using the USB bridge that comes with the case. If the drive isn’t behaving properly, it would be worth ensuring its mounted, check out this great guide from RaspberryTips for how to do that.

Cheers,
Blayden

1 Like