Light Blue Bean+ equivalents

Hi, I’m wondering if you stock anything as comprehensive as the Light Blue Bean+ in terms of form factor and features - especially BLE?

Hey Luke, of course we have the BlueBean devices:

If you’re looking for something small with Bluetooth and programmable using Python then Pycom is the go-to! The simplest Pycom board is the WiPy 3.0 which has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth built in. It goes straight onto a breadboard or, if you attach a Pysense backpack to it you can add a whole range of sensors (light, pressure, humidity, accelerometer, temperature, SD card). You can plug in a LiPo battery to go cord-free and program it over WiFi or Bluetooth. The on-board USB port manages charging the battery too. There’s also a Pytrack expansion with GPS, a Pyscan expansion with sensors as well as NFC and RFID scanners. The standard Expansion Board 3.0 gives you USB, battery and SD card with space to add jumper wires for protoyping projects.

As much as I love Pycom gear (see my tutorials) I’m also a fan of Feather from Adafruit. The basic Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE doesn’t come equipped with sensors, but they’re easy to add from a huge list of Feather-compatible devices.

There are lots of options. I hope something I’ve linked above is exactly what you want. Please reply here if you have more questions.

• Chris