M5Stack 6060-PUSH Linear Motion Control (CE07783)

This is a placeholder topic for “M5Stack 6060-PUSH Linear Motion Control” comments.

This an application-level module, which implements a motion & robotic control and it is totally customizable with different length. Packed with Stepper motor, Mega328 microprocessor, RS485 serial bus, 1515 framework. It realized a linear motion control, you can program the stepper motor to move a certain length with high precision. This type of module can be applied to 3D print, linear push and etc.

Read more

Hi, what M5 Stack components are needed to drive the 6060 push eg RS485? Also do you stock M5 products for stepper motors? I would like to drive a stepper motor with buttons for forward and reverse.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum!! :smiley:

You’ll definitely a board capable of outputting RS485, here’s one: M5Stack RS485 to TTL Converter Unit | Core Electronics Australia

And an example of getting one working: M5Stick-C with Stepper and IMU - Hackster.io

I haven’t come across any kind of driver that allows for simple button control of a stepper but there might be some options:

The most basic stepper drivers use a STEP and DIR pin to drive the coils, so you’ll need some external circuitry (might be a microcontroller or 555 timer based circuit).
Or there are motor controllers - these usually have some ‘smarts’ built-in, the board I linked before has the option for a potentiometer input. There’s some setup required but might work for your project, check out the documentation!

Liam