Monocrystalline Solar Panel (5V 1A) (FIT0601)

This is a placeholder topic for “Monocrystalline Solar Panel (5V 1A)” comments.

This is a high-performance, lightweight, portable monocrystalline silicon solar panel in a PET package, with an integrated voltage regulator output of 5V, with working … read more

Read more

Hi is SKU:FIT0601 compatible with the DF Solar Power Manager 5v v1.1

Hi Joe,
Welcome to the forum :grinning:

This panel has a built-in regulator which will output 5V@up to 1 Amp via USB so it will work standalone. It is compatible with the Sunflower Solar Power Manager 5V if you did want to have the consistency of a battery backed power supply.

Silly question probably but how weatherproof should this be considered?

Hi Liam,

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Since this module features a regulator(and there isnt a specified rating) I’d assume you’d have to enclose a majority of the panel including the mounting holes, and seal it all up.

If you’re after something with a confirmed rating I’d gravitate to a panel like this one: Small 6V 1W Solar Panel - Silver | Adafruit ADA3809 | Core Electronics Australia

Liam

1 Like

Hi, What will I need with a solar panel to connect it up to an arduino?

1 Like

Hi Sandy,

As mentioned previously by Trent:

Let me know if you need any more info!
-James

1 Like

I have one of these panels and you will be very lucky to get 1A out of it. Would have to be full sun and aligned correctly.
This panel in my opinion is designed to be carried in a back pack, hung on the side of a tent facing the sun to top a device like a phone or something else. But, it is not very water proof. These type of panels do not have the same life span as the ones you see on house roofs.

It is just a light weight power source to keep your device going longer if you need. It would take many hours to charge a standard phone.

Regards
Jim

3 Likes

Hi Jim,

I’m inclined to agree, especially in this case as the 1 Amp rating is a maximum output.

There is a standardised testing procedure for the solar panels that go onto rooftops, I think CSIRO actually does some of that testing here in Newcastle. The baseline irradiance that is given to test a panel is 1000 Watts per square meter and it is assumed to be 25°C this is so you can make an apples-to-apples comparison between solar panels from different manufacturers, but in the real world, panels won’t hit their rated figures due to the environmental conditions.

These sized hobby panels won’t have undergone strict laboratory testing so it’s often best practice to deliberately oversize the system so that the actual performance lands about where you want it.

4 Likes

I’ve used monocrystalline solar panels like the FIT0601 model. They’re known for their efficiency and durability, making them a popular choice for various solar-powered applications. The 5V 1A output is suitable for charging smaller devices such as smartphones, tablets, or power banks. Monocrystalline panels tend to have higher efficiency rates compared to other types of solar panels, making them ideal for situations where space or sunlight availability may be limited.

1 Like