Hi I need some help with my scale system. I’ve created all the main components for my system, I’m just trying to get this work for the code side now. I did use chatGPT to develop Code for this I’m using the Maker verse hx710b load cell amplifiers.
I don’t know whether their are any issues within the code or hardware.
I started of by verifying that each 4 of my scales works correctly individually. Then I started to mess around with Two which I could not seem to get working e.g. scale 1 reports 1360g and scale 2 reports 0g, when I apply 200g load to scale 1 nothing happens, but when i apply it to scale 2 > scale 1 reports 1160g, Scale 2 reports 200g.
I want the system to function like this kind of https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/diy-arduino-corner-weights/186240/page1/ but on a smaller scale products no larger than 10kg and digital so I can intergrate it into a web UI.
Issues I think could be causing (not really sure new to this):
- Interference of by using the same power source, as I am using the same 3V3 and GND for all
- Use HX711 Load Cell Amplifiers Instead
- Use A multiplexer
- Issue within the code
Components I have on hand:
- Windows & Mac Computers
- 1x Raspberry Pi Pico W
- 1x Raspberry Pi Zero W
- 4x 10kg Beam Load Cell
- 4x 50kg Half-bridge Load Cell’s
- 4x 5kg Half-bridge Load Cell
- 5x Makerverse Load Cell Amplifier
- 1x HX711 Load Cell Amplifier
Wiring and Power:
- 830 tie point breadboard
- 1x 2-AA Battery Holder
- 1x Hook-up Stranded Wire - Red (22 AWG)
- 1x Hook-up Stranded Wire - Black (22 AWG)
- 1x Hook-up Stranded Wire - White (22 AWG)
- 1x Hook-up Solid Wire - Yellow (22 AWG)
- 1x Jumper Wire 20cm Ribbon (M/F, 40pcs)
- 1x Jumper Wire 20cm Ribbon (M/M, 40pcs)
- 1x Jumper Wire 20cm Ribbon (F/F, 40pcs)
- 1x SparkFun Multiplexer 8 Channel