Optimum Router Settings for Adblock

I accessed my router settings for optimum and tried to set my raspberry pi’s IP as static. The only problem was, when I accessed the website used for router usage in general, I didn’t find anything helpful to me?

I am limited to a port forwarding option and being able to configure some lan options as well. I’m not sure where to access anything else I need to either change the pi into a static ip, etc.

I have NFI about any of this, but that’s mostly because I just use Brave browser which natively blocks ads, even in YouTube (except for the odd occasion for a few days here and there, while they’re working out how to get around the latest change).

Brave is a Chrome fork, focused on privacy. It’s pure win :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @KiEun269200. Welcome to the Forums!!!

I take it that this is a router that has been provided by Optimum the ISP.

It could be possible that those settings are locked away on the router and can only be changed by Optimum if at all.

It could also be called a different thing in the routers admin webpage. DHCP Reservation and Address reservation are common ones I’ve come across.

You could also manually set an IP on the Pi that is outside of the DHCP server for that router as well as an alternative option. You’ll need to find out what IP range the DHCP server has to allocate devices to.

1 Like