Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A (ADA1335)

This is a placeholder topic for “Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module+Heatsink Assembly - 12V 5A” comments.

This is for people who just want to get cold fast. The 12V Peltier module is mounted onto a 12V heatsink and fan assembly with thermal paste and an aluminum clamp. … read more

Read more

Looking to install an outdoor enclosure housing cctv equipment. Was wondering if this unit would be suitable for maintaining an acceptable internal temperature in full Qld sun?

3 Likes

Hi Jamie
Depends on how big your enclosure is and if it is in direct sunlight.

I mounted a similar size one made up in a similar setup with heat sink and fan into the lid of a smaller (maybe 12 can) Esky type cooler. Worked well for what it was used for. I later had a larger commercial one which I don’t know what size Peltier device was in it and this unit struggled a bit on a hot day in the back of my car. But having said that, it did work. If you have use for the feature these devices will heat by reversing the battery connections. I reversed the fan direction as well with my home made unit.

One thing to remember is these things only reduce the temperature XºC below AMBIENT. If the demo got to -3ºC I would say the trial occurred in an already cold air conditioned room. The Peltier devices do work but if you want or need more grunt you need a bigger device and consequently more current. They come in different sizes.
Cheers Bob

4 Likes