Physical Door Two Factor Authentication

I am student in India trying to build a project that uses both fingerprint module and raspberry pi camera to unlock the door using a solenoid. I am building a project that uses both face recognition and fingerprint scanner to unlock the door. In this project I also need to implement AI to do the work as a criteria to fulfill. Using the following components:

1.Raspberry pi zero w
2. Fingerprint scanner (R307S)
3. Raspberry pi camera
4. Solenoid lock
5. Relay module

The idea is when a persons face and fingerprint both matches, the solenoid lock is open allowing the person to get in. It is a double authentication entry.

Im hoping that someone might be able to help me to understand what it is that I need to do to get this project working.

3 Likes

Hi @Mahindra270971

Good to have you with us.

The right path for your will depend on your familiarity with code and your background in computer vision.

@Tim wrote this guide a few years back and it’s been very popular.
It incorporates simple black-box AI which ticks one of your criteria.
Maybe have a read through of the guide and see how you feel about a similar approach.

I’ve always the examples in Adafruits open-source repositories helpful when I’m tackling a new idea of module. You might find some inspiration here too.

Core has this promising article on solenoids.

I think you should work through these, look up unfamiliar terms, follow hyperlinks, and fall down some rabbit holes. When your done, you’ll hopefully has some specific and actionable questions and your welcome to come back here and ask them.

Exciting project.
Good luck!
Pix :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes