Pi3 bluetooth not working

I’ve done a lot of searching and can’t seem to find a solution. Basically bluetooth will pair to my ‘Sharkk Boombox’ no problem and will even play sounds/music… for a while. It eventually cuts out, even though everything looks like it should still be working. The speaker LED keeps flashing like it’s still connected, and as far as I can tell by navigating the GUI on the PI everything looks like it should be fine on that end, too. The other night it took an hour or more to cut out, while today it took only a few minutes. When it cuts out the only way to get it to play again is a reboot of the Pi. Switching audio off bluetooth and then back on results in a “GDBus.Error:org.bluez.Error.InProgress” error. I am running a fully up to date Raspian and the speaker works with a slew of Android devices and an iPad with zero issues
Everything is up to date and I tried installing pulse audio and blueman. I have since uninstalled blueman due to reports of instability. I also have disabled the Wifi as I’ve read that it can interfere with the bluetooth.

Hey @Justin39967. It’s a shame to hear that - it sounds like a frustrating problem.
Please shoot an email to support@coreelectronics.com.au, with a link to this forum post and your order reference number and we’ll take care of it.

1 Like

On the plus side I have managed to get the Zero W to do one of the tasks originally intended for the Pi3 B and its extra ram/processing power, the zero trimmed up quite nicely and is presently performing better than I imagined it would. Awesome customer service to BTW.

1 Like