PiicoDev Modules

Hi I have just got a PiicoDev Buzzer and tried using the examples on Rpi. I don’t get a program error but the shell output says “couldn’t write “ for each command issued. The module shows up on i2c bus as “5c”. Other modules purchased at the same time all work well.

5 Likes

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum!!

First port of call would be to make sure you have the latest version of the library available, you can follow through the steps on the guide here. .

If that doesnt work, let us know and we’ll roll out a fix, in the meantime, adding the address argument to the function will fix the issue.
buzz = PiicoDev_Buzzer(volume=2, addr=0x5c)

Liam.

5 Likes

Hi @John122579! Thanks for bringing this to the forums.
We’ve released a patch for PiicoDev (Raspberry Pi): Upgrade your PiicoDev package to 1.0.0

In Thonny: Navigate to Tools > Manage Packages > Search “piicodev” > Click Upgrade

version 1.0.0 will be downloaded and installed. You can verify by checking the installed version

The example code from the tutorials ought to work just fine now :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks Liam, it worked with the addition of an address, however it is almost inaudible (to my old ears). Not sure if this what I should get.

Cheers

5 Likes

Updated and it now works without the address, Thanks Michael

8 Likes

Hey John,

They aren’t ear piercing but are good for say a notification buzz or some notes in the background. In the tutorial the volume is set to 2 which is the highest that it can go but with a couple of them you can get a bit more oomph, change the address and make them play the same tone :smiley:

Liam.

6 Likes