Pololu 12V Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S18V20F12 (POLOLU-2577)

This is a placeholder topic for “Pololu 12V Step-Up/Step-Down Voltage Regulator S18V20F12” comments.

This powerful step-up/step-down regulator efficiently produces a fixed 12 V output from input voltages between 3 V and 30 V while allowing a typical output current of up to 2 A when the input voltage is close to the output voltage and offering typical efficiencies of 80% to 90%. Its ability to convert both higher and lower input voltages makes it useful for applications where the power supply voltage can vary greatly, as with batteries that start above but discharge below the regulated voltage.

Read more

I require 2 step down DC/DC controllers for my van. They are to reduce the voltage from 2 Lithium iron batteries to a consistent 12 volts. The battery voltage is generally peaking at 14.4volts. The circuits would be used for electronic equipment such as a. Wifi router. Load amperage would generally be less than 2 amps. I also require a suitable shallow enclosure for each unit. What do you recommend?

Hi @David264030 - welcome to the forums :smiley:
This device is really well suited to such an application. Buck/Boost is a good idea because we’re operating close to the output voltage. This device ought to operate between 85-90% efficiency at ≤2A output currents.

It would be ideal if these modules were downstream of any battery protection you may have in place so the batteries cannot over-discharge - but that is a separate and completely optional integration idea.

As for enclosures, I’m fond of these because they are bulkhead mountable, attractive, and attractive. Just double check the internal dimensions.

We have plenty of others to choose from.

1 Like