Program sparkfun openlog help

A while ago I made a gpslogger using the sparkfun openlog. It works fine at 5hz, but misses data at 10hz. It’s reported that changing the firmware to openlog_light, allows a bigger buffer and faster recording.
I’ve followed the tutorials, but keep getting errors. I’m wondering if you can help with this?

This is typical.
‘’’
> Arduino: 1.8.10 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\IEUser\Documents\Arduino\openlog-light\OpenLog_Light.ino: In function 'void setup()':

OpenLog_Light:130:6: error: redefinition of 'void setup()'

void setup(void)

^~~~~

C:\Users\IEUser\Documents\Arduino\openlog-light\openlog-light.ino:13:6: note: 'void setup()' previously defined here

void setup() {

^~~~~

C:\Users\IEUser\Documents\Arduino\openlog-light\OpenLog_Light.ino: In function 'void loop()':

OpenLog_Light:176:6: error: redefinition of 'void loop()'

void loop(void)

^~~~

C:\Users\IEUser\Documents\Arduino\openlog-light\openlog-light.ino:18:6: note: 'void loop()' previously defined here

void loop() {

^~~~

Multiple libraries were found for "EEPROM.h"
 Used: C:\Program
Multiple libraries were found for "BlockDriver.h"
 Used: C:\Users\IEUser\Documents\Arduino\libraries\src
Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h"
 Used: C:\Program
Multiple libraries were found for "SerialPort.h"
 Used: C:\Users\IEUser\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SerialPort
exit status 1
redefinition of 'void setup()'

‘’’

Sorry guys, seems I didn’t follow instructions carefully enough, the openlog_light firmware needs modified SdFat and SerialPort libraries. I was using unmodified ones. Seems to work fine now.

2 Likes

Hey Michael,

As we used to say in IT, when all else fails read the manuel… But only once everything else has failed.