Project by Vincent1; DIY Pi Buggy

Vincent1 just shared a new project: "DIY Pi Buggy"

The motivation behind this project came from a robotics and engineering club that I’ve been going to. I’ve been saving my money and building up an understanding of raspberry pi and electronics. The reason I chose this project was to get used to using motors and controlling different speeds. I am self taught as I am home schooled and my mum and dad (who are my teachers) don’t understand how to use the raspberry pi!
The project is a movable/programmable buggy that can move forwards, backwards, left and right.
The fun part of this project was adding a camera to it and filming the movements that it was making and crashing it into things! I also loved experimenting with different motor drivers and components. I chose the explorer hat because it was easy to use and program.

Read more

2 Likes

Great project Vincent! Really cool idea using VNC Viewer as a remote control. I never thought of doing that!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Great work Vincent!
There is a lot to learn about electronics and Linux-based SBCs!
If you focus on project goals, the appropriate learning will occur and you will only have to learn what you enjoy.
There is a lot of info (and help) here and on the internet in general; just make you you don’t rely on a single resource/advice.
SBCs are often not the best the platform for real-time control and are often used in conjunction with a microcontrollers (such as Arduino). The SBC controls the micro which deals with the real-time control (of motors, etc), especially when it comes to self-balancing robots and the like.
Keep enjoying!

2 Likes

Great job Vincent, we had fun making your project, thanks for posting it.

1 Like

Thanks Wiggy! :grinning: