SIM7000 Code Error

Hi . I have followed the guide as given here in your site and that one of DFRobot.

I am constantly getting an error " ‘class DFRobot_SIM7000’ has no member named ‘setNet’ " How does one make it work fro here?

The other thing is that I am trying t o program so that the sim will send and error message if the set temperature is exceeded by the actual temperature in the my temp senor.

Is there a sample code that will allow me to send codes automatically to my nominated number?

Regards,

Mthulisi

Hi Mthulisi,

Could you please share your entire code with formatting (use the </> option in the forum)?

I don’t have any further example code for this device other than what DFRobot provides. This device should be capable of doing what you are trying though!

Hi Mthulisi,

That error is caused because the libraries that your code depends on are not in the location that the IDE is expecting. I would remove the board software and redo the setup for the board to make sure everything installs correctly.

1 Like

HI Clinton,

Sorry for a very late response. I just got back to this issue today. I am not sure I know which one. There is that element of conflict I am sure. One of the location of the files is Program Files (x86) and the other is under users… Is it what you are talking about? which one will be close to it.
I am willing to follow your suggestion as it seems closer to the issue.

I can even supply email here if that will help you help me.

Thank you in advance.

Mthulisi

Hi Clinton,

Having left this for a long time. I have two of your cards(DFRobot) , the 7000 and the 7600. I managed to at least tweak the 7600 with the DF code found in their wiki, I however can not find any library for the 7600.

For the 7000, I have uninstalled and installed the libraries and the Arduino IDE with no luck.

Still the setNet problem pops up. I wonder why that is the case. But when I install examples from the libraries, there are no issues.

The other thing is the Tx and Rx pins to D7 and D8. They seem to be swapped on the these two shields.

If you can help once again I will appreciate it .

How do I make this “setNet” monster disappear?

Mthulisi

Hey @Mthulisi84961,

I’m going to tag @Clinton so that he will be able to help you tomorrow.

@Mthulisi84961

Please expand the output window with the compiler output before trying to compile, so that the error messages are all visible.

From what I can see in your screen capture, the software serial library is not properly installed. One error can lead to others, and the order of the errors may be significant.

1 Like

Hi Gordon,
Thank you for your response. I am home today and tommorow. If you can help I will appreciate it. I can ieven zoom in so that he can control my PC. I need this to work.

Mthulisi

Hi Mthulisi,

I don’t think remote control will be needed, are you able to post the output from the terminal that may help us diagnose the issue.

Hey Clinton,

No worries. I will do so.

Regards,

Mthulisi

@Mthulisi84961
Also check and ensure you have installed BOTH of the libraries for the SIM7000, the DFRobot General SIM library, and the SIM7000 specific library, as per the tutorial software section.

https://wiki.dfrobot.com/SIM7000_Arduino_NB-IoT_LTE_GPRS_Expansion_Shield_SKU__DFR0505_DFR0572

1 Like

Hi Robin,

Let me follow the steps once more. I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you
Mthulisi

Hi Robin,

It has come to my knowledge that the DFRobot_SIM7000E is not functional. I removed all the libraries, AppData and all other files. I was then able to load the program after following the link that you sent.

Thank you so much. But the card just writes " Turn on SIM7000…" and it ends there. I reset it many times and nothing happens. I am sure that it does not work. If possible I will need a replacement for the SIM7000E.

I will need to tweak the SIM7600,maybe it will do what I need it to do, to send a signal once certain conditions are met. Can it do that. there is no library for it, please advise.

Regards,

Mthulisi Mlilo

Are you sure you have set up the SIM7000 correctly?

The serial port switch needs to be in the software serial position (D7/D8), and it’s own power supply connected, and a SIM card installed. This should cause the power LED on the SIM7000 to light. It’s on the edge of the board near the SIM slot.

If that’s all correct, then the board may indeed be faulty.

The SIM7600 doesn’t need a library. It is controlled by AT commands sent over the serial connection. The wiki page for the 7600 has a link to a list of the supported AT commands.

1 Like