SparkFun Servo Trigger (WIG-13118)

This is a placeholder topic for “SparkFun Servo Trigger” comments.

The SparkFun Servo Trigger is a small robotics board that simplifies the control of hobby RC servo motors. When an external switch or logic signal changes state, the Servo Trigger is able to tell an attached servo motor to move from position A to position B. To use the Servo Trigger, you simply connect a hobby servo and a switch, then use the on-board potentiometers to adjust the start/stop positions and the transition time. You can use a hobby servos in your projects without having to do any programming!

Read more

1 Like

Posting this on behalf of Ray:

Want to use Sparkfun servo trigger to operate ramp on rc trailer to go up and down.

Can spark fun with servo connection run of 9v battery or 7.4 lips or 7.2 nimh battery?
Can you run 2 servos of the 1 spark fun trigger using a servo splitter cable?

Ray

Hi Ray,

This device will take a simple button state (on or off) and turn it into a signal that can control a servo (there are 3x potentiometers to set the start position / duration /stop position).

If your trailer is using a servo then yep, it sure can. Though bear in mind the tech specs which are listed on the product page (such as Max Voltage: 5.5VDC).

If two servo’s were run from the same trigger, they would follow the same position/movements. There is no scope to make different start/stop positions for each.

Hi I’m looking for an independent servo controller to run a single servo … I will be using it on a 12v powered motorcycle, and charging system ie upto 14.6 volts while charging

What would be the simplest way to power this servo trigger with minimal fuss and no extra boards etc inline BEC? Can I wire the ubec bec straight to a 12v battery and let it rectify from there?

1 Like

Hey Will,

What’re the specifications of the servo that you intend to drive? That will help the team and community to find some appropriate parts and connections for you. Also are there any other specs that are required? (Temperature, Weatherproofing, Size, etc)

Bryce
Core Electronics | Support