Superheterodyne 315mhz 433mhz wireless transceiver module

Hi Bob and Peter,

In terms of controlling 240V AC I can’t give any advice - we’re not licensed electricians here. I presume you are, in which case you’re more qualified than we are in this area!

However, as for the analogue approach, to using the TX/RX pair, it’s not really how they are designed to be used. They really are only meant to interface with the pins of an MCU.

Here’s a few microscope shots of ICs on the boards:
Receiver:

Transmitter:

These appear to be the relevant datasheets:
Receiver:

Transmitter

http://www.winn-sky.com/res/winn-sky/pdres/201905/20190524203540639.pdf

Notably, there are no encoding electronics on the transmitter, but there is a decoding chip on the receiver.

According to the datasheet it can only drive 260 microAmps, so you aren’t going to be able to drive the LED in an optocoupler directly from it I’m afraid!

3 Likes

Hi All

Not much use for anything as it stands. To do anything like drive an optocoupler or TTL you will need a buffer to provide a bit of grunt and low impedance drive.
The impedances will be so high that the distance from the RX output to a buffer should be as short as possible, a few centimetres at most.

Does anyone know what sort of modulation this uses. I just assumed CW as it seems to accept 'Data in" and provide “data out” and you do what you will with it. As usual there is very little information I can easily find (and I have very little interest in going too deep in a search) on any operation criteria so suggestions are pretty limited.
Cheers Bob

4 Likes

Hi All
Just had a bit of a dig around re the modulation system used here. There are apparently a couple of new terms since I had anything serious to do with this.
ASK, which I assume to be Amplitude Shift Keying
OOK, which has been described as ON OFF Keying
In my language CW.

Peter your idea of on / off should work BUT
It would appear that the data rate is very modest. Up to 4 - 5 or at a push 10 kb/sec so your “few microseconds” quoted earlier might have to be extended out to a couple of hundred µSec.

The quoted 250µA by Oliver (correct as per any info available) would not even drive the Mosfet in my little circuit due to the gate capacitor so you will need a buffer to even do that so you might as well drive your opto directly with the buffer.
Cheers Bob

4 Likes