Superheterodyne receiver switching between 315MHz & 433MHz

I bought the 315/433 MHz superheterodyne wireless transceiver module kit (SKU SS114992733). It claims to work at these two frequencies but there is no method to switch between them. How do I switch frequencies?

1 Like

Hi Pod.
I am not familiar with the details of these receivers but if as you say they are superheterodyne and the intermediate frequency is 59MHz there is no need to switch.
The local oscillator would be 374MHz. The IF does not care which side of the carrier the local oscillator is on as long as the difference is 59MHz. Thus 433 minus 59 = 374 and 315 + 59 = 374.
Both frequency bands should work if the front end is broadband. The transmitter may have to be switched somehow I think. But if you purchased as a pair they should already be set up for the correct frequency for the country of use. In Australia I think this is 433MHz. Some other countries may use 315MHz. I don’t think 315MHz is used in Australia. I may be wrong as I haven’t kept up with developments and am not about to trawl the Frequency licensing website to find out.
Cheers Bob

1 Like

Hi Bob,
Yes it works at 433MHz which is what I wanted. I was curious about 315MHz but you may right. It’s not used in Australia. We use 303MHz I believe

Thanks for the response. Nicely answered
Regards
Ef

1 Like

Hi Pod
Good. I know 433 is legal to be used licence free BUT with a limit on transmitter power. Not sure about the others but I do know you could find trouble if caught using illegal frequencies. I think there might even be some sort of law preventing vendors selling equipment which is illegal.

Wireless microphones are another one where there are only a couple of narrow bands that can be used legally and I think the illegal ones (which used to be OK) have faded into oblivion by now.
Cheers Bob

1 Like