USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable for Raspberry Pi (ADA954)

This is a placeholder topic for “USB to TTL Serial Cable - Debug / Console Cable for Raspberry Pi” comments.

The cable is easiest way ever to connect to your microcontroller/Raspberry Pi/WiFi router serial console port. Inside the big USB plug is a USB<->Serial conversion … read more

Read more

Hi, I’m looking for USB-TTL 3.3 V adapter cable. This is to connect to my router’s serial port for console debugging. The tutorial I’m following mentions the FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 as an example. Is this USB to TTL Serial Cable compatible? The connectors look like it’ll be a bit easier for me to connect. I’m running Windows 10… hopefully this cable has the necessary drivers?

Hi Carl,

This should work!

Thanks Steve; I’ve ordered this guy.

1 Like

here are some setup notes…etc

3 Likes

should note this after i found an issue :: using Debian buster…

i had re-flashed the boot-loader with the recovery image…as per the raspberry guide…
i had no hdmi out as i later found out it is set to off in the new config file once re imaged …

using a Debian fresh flashed sd-card did not refresh the boot-loader to give video to on mode…rpi-4 4 gig rev 1.2

so this ttl unit came in quite handy…the guide shows that the 5v or red wire is not needed … but in this case connecting it to the 5v pin on the board gave me back my serial login prompt using mini-com on my Linux box as a console… from there i was able to edit the boot-loader file and set it to on mode… and re flashed the eeprom to get video again…pls read the raspberry files for more info …
would like to ad this as it iss important as well some may thank me for it…

3 Likes