Wearable Heated Graments

Hi,

I’m helping my daughter with a project for school. She wants to make an electro heated wearable garment. Power supplied via a battery or an external charger. What material is best to use from your range and also the supply source. I’m looking forward to your reply. Thank you

Regards

Samsor

Hi Samsor,

You could use this heating material combined with a 12V supply should be a good place to get started.

Thanks for your reply Clinton. Order placed!

Awesome, If you have any other questions let us know and we will see what we can do. Also just as a safety note because I am full of paranoia, please be careful heated wearables make sure you only use fabrics that are non-flammable and wont melt.

Yeh will be careful, don’t worry I suffer from the same paranoia :), the material you suggested should be safe though. Size wise, what’s the smallest lithium battery with the highest output you have?

Regards

Samsor

Hi Samsor,

You can calculate the stored power by multiplying the voltage of the battery by the Amp-Hour rating. Most LiPo’s are 3.7V, and in the case of a 2000mAh battery, that would be 3.7x2 = 7.4 Watts.

All LiPo’s basically follow the same size:power ratio, as 1 cubic mL of LiPo holds a standard amount of energy.