2.4GHz 6dBi Antenna with u.FL / IPEX Connector (FIT0505)

This is a placeholder topic for
“2.4GHz 6dBi Antenna with u.FL / IPEX Connector”
comments.

This might just be the perfect antenna for any 2.4GHz wireless projects. It’s an omnidirectional antenna with a u.FL connector (also known as a uFL, IPX, or IPEX RF) to interface with most wireless microcontroller boards.

Read more

Will the 2.4GHz 6dBi Antenna with u.FL / IPEX Connector work with the ESP32 Cam board. I believe it has an IPEX connector for an external antenna.

1 Like

Hey Graham,

Yes, that will be fine. As far as I know the ESP32-Cam (linked at the bottom of this post) is only single-band 2.4GHz anyway and the antenna gain of 6dBi should work nicely:

One thing that is worth noting however is that you’ll need to desolder this low resistance resistor and then either resolder it or bridge the joints to the external antenna quite neatly which at SMD-scale can be extremely difficult to cleanly (which is quite important for RF) desolder and move around without the correct equipment as seen below:

If you have any other questions please let us know, all the best with the project!

1 Like

It works a treat for RC transmitter, so I mentioned Core-electronics:
rcgroups

Cheers.
Henri

2 Likes

Is this an IPEX4 connector?

Hi Peter,

I did some digging and the whole IPEX vs U.FL thing is a bit nebulous, as I-PEX is just one of the manufacturers of U.FL clones.

From one image I found, it looks like IPEX4 is equivalent to U.FL, and IPEX1 is a bit bigger:

Hope this helps!