20W Adjustable DC-DC Buck Converter with Digital Display (DFR0379)

This is a placeholder topic for “20W Adjustable DC-DC Buck Converter with Digital Display” comments.

This is a 20W adjustable DC-DC buck converter module with digital display. It is based on LM2596 3A step-down voltage regulator and supports an input of 0~40V DC … read more

Read more

1 Like

Hello,

I recently bought a 20W Adjustable DC-DC Buck Converter with Digital Display. However, when i use the potentiometer to change the output voltage nothing happens, i have also tried to read the voltage using a multimeter.

Thanks

1 Like

as this is a 20 watt capable device and i have a 5 volt apparatus that requires 4 amps
calculating this is a 20 watt load but the voltage regulator chip …
you guy`s state that it is a 3 amp device…

so would it meet my requirements…??

1 Like

I have a similar problem to William. Despite calibrating the board with the DFRobot process, nil change in the output voltage regardless of what I do with the adjustment screw. What’s the secret I am missing?
Thanks.

1 Like

The output voltage adjustment does not seem to work for me either.

1 Like

It’s probably a multi-turn pot. You’ll need to turn it multiple times, and it might not have any effect until you get it set below the input voltage.

3 Likes

Yes it does work, my bad. The pot is less sensitive at the higher voltage which it starts, not linear. Had to turn it quite a few times before it started slowly responding.

4 Likes

Hi, Your search list description for this item says : an input of 0~40V DC

And the item’s product page says : an input of 4~40V DC

Can you fix this error please?

1 Like

Hi all
Yes it is a multi turn pot. 10 or more likely 20 turns from one end to the other.
Cheers Bob

2 Likes

Hi Dominic,

Could you post a screenshot of the erroneous description?

I can’t seem to find it, but once you post the pic I’ll mark it in our to-do list
-James

1 Like

Here is the pic of both listings :

Here is the pic of both listings :

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi Dominic,

I’ve fixed that up, but I couldn’t replicate the issue on my browser, are you using a strange browser or some kind of extension that changes fonts?

3 Likes

I am using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox 89.0.2(64bit)
The search regulators link : https://core-electronics.com.au/search/?q=regulators
I just researched for “regulators” and the error is still on the forementioned item in the list. If you search just for “regulator” the item will not appear in the list.

2 Likes

Hey Dominic,

Our site can take some time to update. I can definitely confirm though that the short description has been fixed up on our end. Just to clarify as well, that one is a 4-40V DC input as it states on the actual product page, not the description.

Thank you again for pointing that one out!

3 Likes

Ah, okay, all good.

3 Likes

Recently purchased and finally got a chance to set it up. I was unable to get into calibration mode for input or output, and the screw did not adjust the output voltage no matter how many turns I did.

2 Likes

Hi Chris.
As stated earlier this is a multi turn pot and could be 20 turns (full turns) end to end. The input voltage must be HIGHER than the required output voltage (Buck converter). If your input voltage is a low value you will have to turn the pot quite a long way before anything happens. If you can do so try an input of 20 or 30V and you should get something happening a bit further up the pot travel. This will prove the device is actually working. When the pot gets to the end of travel (either end) you will find it does not stop like an ordinary pot but you should be able to hear a faint clicking sound as the screw adjustment ratchets over the end stops. Don’t worry, this is normal and you aren’t doing any damage.
Cheers Bob

4 Likes

Welcome Chris! :slight_smile:

Bob’s advice should get you out of trouble, thanks heaps Bob!

It doesn’t looks like the info is on a few of the converters so we’ll be sure to add a mention to the multi-turn pot as it keeps popping up.

Liam

1 Like

Can this product “20W Adjustable DC-DC Buck Converter with Digital Display” Convert my 5v battery to 12v

Hi Marcus
NO. You require “BOOST” (or UP) converter. The word “buck” just about says it all.
Cheers Bob